Now offering curbside check-in!
On July 7th, 2020, Governor Jay Inslee’s face mask mandate went into effect. Please be advised that The Grey Gull will abide by the Governor’s decision. We recognize, however, that not all of our Guests are able to do the same. In order to avoid the possibility of an unpleasant confrontation between our Guests and staff on this matter, we are now offering to check you into your room from your vehicle.
To take advantage of this new program, please call us at right away (360) 289-3381 or (800) 562-9712 and let us know your approximate arrival time.
Dear Facebook Followers, Valued Guests, and Grey Gull Friends:
People have been asking about when our pool will reopen, and we have not been able to give a definite answer until now. Our board and I have been discussing our options regarding this, and we have come to the conclusion that we will not be able to open our pool until at least Phase 4. According to Governor Inslee’s Phase 3 guidance, we would be allowed to open at 50% capacity so long as people have a 6 foot radius from other swimmers at all times. By our measurements, that would limit the occupancy of the pool to 2 people at one time. As you might imagine, this would not be realistic or feasible.
We understand that this news is disappointing. We wanted to open the pool, too. But until we can do so safely and within the State’s guidelines, the pool/hot tub area must remain closed. As usual, we will provide updates as soon as they are available.
Darcy Hambrick, GM
Dear Grey Gull Guest:
Welcome back! We are so happy to be able to host you and your party again.
Our hotel is open again, and we have made several changes you need to be aware of before you reach us. As we navigate the reopening of our hotel during this pandemic, we are asking the following of our Guests:
- First, as we wish to limit the number of persons in our lobby at one time, please ensure that the person whose name is on the reservation is the person who physically checks into the hotel, and is ready with ID and license plate number.
- In addition, we will not be changing the form of payment for the reservation or accepting cash payments for the time being. This is to reduce the number of contact points between our employees and our Guests. Please call us directly at (360) 289-3381 to make any changes right away.
- Our pool, hot tub, sauna, and BBQ/Fire pit area will remain closed until we can do so safely and within State guidelines.
- Please only use the elevator with your party, if possible.
- Please wear a mask when in public spaces.
- Cash will not be accepted.
- Our DVD library will not be available. You may wish to bring your own.
- We ask that all Guests load and start their dishwashers prior to departure. Excessive cleaning fees in the amount of $50 or more may be charged for rooms that have been left in poor condition.
Our promise to you:
We are taking extra steps in ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of our facility.
- Employees will wear masks and keep appropriate distance. They will not enter your unit while it is occupied.
- We will provide fresh linens and towels and new trash bags between 10:00AM and 1:00PM. Please place bags with soiled items and tied trash bags outside your door, and our team will come around to collect and replace them.
- We will continue to provide amenities in the rooms such as shampoo and conditioner, but they will only be available at the front desk. You may wish to bring your own.
- Our front desk will be staffed between 10:00AM and 6:00PM daily.
Thank you for choosing The Grey Gull! We look forward to your visit!
Grey Gull Management
To Our Valued Grey Gull Guests:
Construction Delay: Our construction project has been rescheduled for fall, therefore, our pool and hot tub are open for Guest use. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Please contact us directly at (360)289-3381 with questions and/or concerns.
6 / 20 / 2019
To Our Valued Grey Gull Guests:
We have had numerous comments regarding the vegetation behind our hotel that is impeding on the ocean view. Unfortunately, The Grey Gull is restricted from doing maintenance in that area beyond keeping the trail clear for pedestrian access to the beach. We are, however, communicating with the Ocean Shores city council and Mayor Crystal Dingler about this issue and progress is being made. The city council has recently approved a contract to have wetland delineation done to determine what areas will be required to be protected. This is a good first step toward regaining our ocean view, and more importantly, reducing the risk of a brush fire on our property. We will provide updates as they become available.